GENERATE YOUR OWN ENERGY
Installing Solar Panels in your property could save you as much as £1000 a year on your energy bills. Once installed, Solar Panels require little maintenance and can add value to your property.
You can also sell power you generate back to the grid with the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG). The purpose of the SEG is to offer a guarantee that Solar energy generator owners will always receive payment for the power they export to the grid and hopefully help the planet by not relying on costly fossil fuels that are harming the environment.
How do solar panels work?
Solar panels use photovoltaic (PV) cells to turn sunlight into electricity. This is then used to power you home.
What is included?
Solar systems are made up of solar panels (modules), a mounting system, and a solar inverter with computerised controller.
It’s crucial your solar panels are installed by professionals to ensure optimal performance and maximum energy savings.
Why install Solar Panels?
- Reduce your energy bills significantly with Solar Panels.
- Lower your carbon footprint.
- Solar Panels can protect you from the 54% energy price increase.
- New technology & solar hybrid systems will improve your energy generation.
- Can help to power your Air Source Heat Pump.
- Why switch suppliers when you can make your own energy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Installing this kind of technology can be a big decision so don’t be afraid to get in touch with us and ask anything.
The more solar panels you have installed, the more energy they’ll be able to generate for your home. The number of solar panels you’ll need will depend on your energy usage, the number of people in your home and the size of your property.
The cost of a solar panel system will vary depending on several factors, such as how many panels are needed, so it’s tough to give an exact price but on the whole, solar panels are around 70% cheaper than they were in 2010.
- Reduced electricity bills: a 2.8 kWp system should be able to generate around 35% of an average household’s annual electricity needs.
- Lower carbon emissions: solar panels don’t produce any carbon emissions, which will help to greatly reduce the impact your home has on the environment.
- No running costs: once installed, you won’t have to worry about any operating costs as they create free renewable energy for your home.
- Low maintenance: other than making sure the panels are getting enough light (make sure they’re not being obstructed) there’s not a lot else to worry about.
Use solar panels to generate your own clean electricity and team it with a home battery to store that solar energy for later, even after the sun’s gone down!
As well as helping to combat climate change, renewable products like solar panels also help to reduce air pollution, which is one of the biggest challenges we’re facing globally.
We are accredited and trusted installers of Solar Products based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire but we install most places in the UK.
Where possible we try complete the installation in a day and with little to no disruption.
Greener Living's helpful support team are always here to help you before and after your installation.