Regather – Organic Sheffield Farm
In today’s blog, we’d like to shine a light and promote Regather, which is a co-operative of local people focused on improving food for Sheffield.
Who are Regather?
Regather is a co-operative of local people working to improve food and build community in Sheffield. They run an organic farm, veg box scheme, and many other community projects.
What does Regather do?
They centre their work around care for the environment and the people in our community. Their priorities are:
- More sustainably sourced food
- More locally-based economics
- More democratically controlled systems
Here is an extract taken from their website: “Our veg box enables us to join forces with other local growers and independent businesses across the region to make it easy to shop local and provide the best quality, value-driven products.
Meanwhile, we’ve been growing our own locally sourced food for Sheffield via our Organic certified farm. We strive to work with the land around us to produce food in a way that provides habitat for wildlife and restores biodiversity while employing local community members at a real living wage.”
How to get involved
- Order a fruit & veg box – The Regather fruit & veg box scheme delivers the best local, seasonal, organic produce directly to homes across Sheffield and surrounding areas.
- Volunteer at the farm – Regather is looking for volunteers to help on their organic farm. Learn about propagating, soil fertility, poly-tunnel growing and more.
- Become a member – For just £1 you can purchase a share to become a member and have an active role in our decision-making processes.