Plans for Green Energy Home Improvements Surge
According to recently released figures, the number of households contemplating green energy upgrades has climbed by 10% in the past year. NatWest’s Greener Homes Attitudes Tracker states that 63% of homeowners want to make green improvements to their homes, up from 53% last year.
Almost a quarter (23%) of homeowners said the rise in the cost of living and greater focus on global energy security has made them ‘a lot more likely’ to implement energy efficiency measures in the next 12 months. The plans are particularly prevalent among those aged 18 to 34, with 13% intending to install a heat pump within the next twelve months, and 18% planning to install an electric car charging point.
What are Green Energy Home Improvements?
- Solar Panels – Installing Solar Panels on your property could save you as much as £1000 a year on your energy bills. Once installed, Solar Panels require little maintenance and can add value to your property. You can also sell the power you generate back to the grid with the Smart Export Guarantee (SEG).
- Air Source Heat Pump – Air Source Heat Pumps absorb heat from the outside air with a unit that sits outside the home. This heat can then be used to heat radiators, underfloor heating systems and hot water for your home. This will get rid of the need for gas meaning no gas bills and a greener and more energy-efficient heating system.
- Insulation – Making sure that your home is fully insulated is a great way to reduce your energy bill as it helps keep the desired temperature in your house all year round. This means you will burn less fuel which is good for the environment.
- Install an electric car charger – For this one to work, you’ll need to switch to an electric car too. while the initial cost may be higher, you will save money in the long term as running costs are lower than a fossil fuel-powered car and save plenty on carbon emissions.
- Switch to LED lighting – A relatively small change, switching out your current lightbulbs for LED-powered ones will save you money every month and make your home greener.
Get in touch with us here to find out how much you could save with green energy home improvements.